- November 12, 2015
- by: admin
Holiday gift guide- for the Yogi Mind…..
by Mary Grace
Since yoga has become a way of life for so many people lately, it has become commonly known that yoga may also totally change people. It may transform someone you know into someone who now practices non-attachment, leaving you to have no idea what gift to get for them anymore. As they shed things that no longer serve them and they cleanse their bodies, you may observe your yogi friends talking about not needing tangible things. As they let go, you are now totally confused as to what to get them for the holidays.
We are here to help. We have created this guide to help you make your yogi friends happy. Plus, buying local from a small business, you will be supporting sustainability and helping to make the world a better place, bringing in the true spirit of the holidays.
So here it is, the Yogi gift guide for the yogi in your life.
1. Yoga Mat spray- With an aromatherapy enhanced yoga mat spray, your favorite yogi can spritz their mat, yoga towel, yoga clothing, and can even help create more ease in savasana with a spritz of lavender, citrus bliss, or elevation oil blends. Affordable and Available at Yoga Oasis. In store or at www.yoga-oasis.com
2. Pure essential oils- Anyone who practices yoga sweats, and this can be a detrimental issue with how long you can wear your favorite pricey Lululemon pants. Essential oils have been known to calm, balance, regenerate, and may even have germicidal qualities, which is beneficial when practicing yoga at all your favorite yoga studios.
Here are the top oils we recommend….
Lavender- The French scientist René Gattefossé was among the first to discover the healing properties of lavender when he was severely burned in a laboratory explosion.
Lavender can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances. It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy. Therapeutic-grade lavender is highly regarded for skin and beauty. It may be used to soothe and cleanse common cuts, bruises, and skin irritations.
Citrus Bliss- We combine the powerful essences of Wild Orange, Lemon, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Bergamot, Tangerine, and Clementine with a hint of Vanilla Absolute to form this unique and harmonious blend. Mixed with water, Citrus Bliss is a perfect solution for disinfecting countertops and other surfaces while producing a fresh, sweet scent.
Serenity- is a blend of oils calming properties, which may assist to create a sense of well being and relaxation. Lavender, sweet marjoram, roman chamomile, ylang ylang, sandalwood and vanilla bean. Applied to your pillow or to the bottom of the feet at bedtime, Serenity has been known to promote restful sleep.
Purify – From bug bites to sneezes, protecting yourself is more important than ever. Purify is formidable blend of essential oils designed to eliminate odors and other contaminates naturally, without toxic additives. Its refreshing aroma quickly eradicates unpleasant odors and purifies the air and environment with the essential oils of lemon, lime, pine, citronella, melaleuca and cilantro.
Stress Away- an essential oil blend is a natural solution created to combat normal stresses that creep into everyday life. Stress Away is the first product to contain the unique stress-relieving combination of lime and vanilla pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils. Stress Away also includes copaiba and lavender to reduce mental rigidity and restore equilibrium. Featuring powerful plant constituents, such as the cedrol found in cedarwood and the eugenol that occurs naturally in vanilla, Stress Away can help induce relaxation and reduce occasional nervous tension.
On Guard- Wild orange essential oil, combined with clove, cinnamon, eucalyptus and rosemary offer a fragrant, natural and effective alternative to synthetic options for immune support. Good for hand washing, adding to soaps, and is just perfect for cleaning yoga mats.
Elevation- Elevation is a blend of lavandin, tangerine, elemi, lemon myrtle, melissa, ylang ylang, osmanthus and sandalwood blended together to enhance positive energy & meditation.
Frankincense- is a tree resin used for centuries to improve one’s spiritual connection. It has centering and comforting properties. Frankincense is considered the holy anointing oil in the Middle East, where it has been used in religious ceremonies for thousands of years. More recently, it has been used in hospitals and is the subject of substantial research. Frankincense is used as an ingredient in skin care products for aging and dry skin.
Visit our online store at http://www.mydoterra.com/yogaoasis/
3. Edible body butters- Made from organic cocoa butter, coconut oil & pure vanilla extract, these butters keep a sweaty yogis skin juicy and revitalized. Made of totally edible ingredients, this is the perfect thing to smooth onto your lips. Available at Yoga Oasis or online at Yoga-Oasis.com
4. Hand made beaded bracelet- Bead Here Now created by hand by local artists at Yoga Oasis. With names like Buddha bead, Om Zone, and created with stones for clarity, strength and courage. These one of a kind bracelets are made out of gemstones, fire blown glass, with Buddha’s and other various yoga inspired symbols. With a $20 price point and a one-size fits all design, these make perfect gifts for anyone in your life. Available at Yoga Oasis or online at Yoga-Oasis.com
5. Upgrade your yoga mat- A yoga mat is a sacred space. This is a place where the practitioner sweats, cries, and has the best moments of their lives. The yoga mat is a magic carpet; any yogi can always use another one. Manduka is causing attachments within our yoga lifestyle by making us want every single new color they have. Take a look at these new metallic yoga mats. The only problem is that these mats last forever and never wear out, so technically, you never, ever need to purchase a new one. But these new colors will captivate any non-attached yogis attention.
6. Yoga Mat towels- Who wants to wash towels all day? Not this yogi. In this age of technology, there have been amazing technical advances in being able to sweat responsibly during your hot yoga practice. We want to introduce to you these new microfiber yoga towels that absorb your sweat as well as help to save your washing machine. Companies like Manduka, Yogi Toes, and our custom made designs now available for order & design at Yoga Oasis.
7. Groovy Yoga Music- remember when you wanted to hear a song you had to keep rewinding? OMG how far we have come. Today the array of options for awesome yoga music is a yogis dream. Music databases like Pandora, and Spotify allowyou to follow your favorite yoga teachers playlists. We are grateful that there is no more time wasted on a boring song. If you want help finding great yoga music simply follow us, or pick up some awesome yoga inspired CD’s today at Yoga Oasis.
8. Hydroflask water bottle-
Every “health nut” is serious about hydration, and rightfully so! It is imperative to stay well hydrated before, during and after hot yoga practice. With a determined effort to avoid dehydration, they may be known to always be carrying a water bottle around. With this 40 oz bottle that stays cold for 24 hours, the health nut in your life will be a more hydrated and therefore will be a happier health nut. Available at Yoga Oasis boutique and on our website.
9. Fancy pants- This year there has been such an explosion in the world of yoga fashion. With Kate Hudson coming up with her own line, to these amazing graphic designers that are promoted by sleuth yogini models with thousands of followers on Instagram. Spandex is here to stay. With companies like Om Shanti Clothing and Teeki, the yoga world has just gotten a little bit more color. Now available at Yoga Oasis or online at www.omshanticlothing.com
10. Yoga Private- Any yogi has come to terms with the reality that yoga is a learning experience, but unfortunately many people who don’t practice yoga are afraid of this terrifying learning curve. A yoga private is a great way to assist someone to receive the education, as well as the attention they need to begin their healing journey. A yoga private is a wonderful gift and it could really enhance someone along on the healing path.
11. Yoga Gift Cards- This holiday season consider a gift that is so incredibly good for the receiver, it is great for the environment, and it supports a local business. Yoga gift card are always a welcomed gift for friends, co workers, family members and why not bring your spouse to help achieve your health goals together. Any yogi would love a gift of some classes, a week pass, a class card or a membership at their favorite yoga studio.
12. Book a yoga teacher training/vacation- Every yogi dreams of a yoga vacation in paradise. Why not come to the beautiful island of Maui and get certified in hot yoga? Imagine waking up, walking to the beach, meditating & greeting the day. Then walk to the yoga studio for two different styles of yoga and a detoxifying sweat, and walk out on a cloud. Enjoy a three hour lunch break where you san snorkel with turtles in the beautiful pacific ocean. We are offering early bird discounts & gift cards to use towards yoga teacher trainings. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Click here for Maui Hot Yoga.
click here to get to Maui Hot Yoga
13. Dharma Yoga Wheel
The Dharma Yoga wheel is a fun new yoga prop that was first seen at the studio of Dharma Mittra. Dharma Mittra’s son Dov and his girlfriend Raquel Vamos decided it was such a great tool and they built the Dharma Yoga Wheel enterprise.
The Dharma Yoga Wheel is perfectly sized circle that can be used to assist one developing a deeper way of accessing opening up of the spine. This helps to allow one to move deeper into discovering the range of motion in ones own body. The wheel works by being a tremendously supportive and stable tool to relax into. We all know that by relaxing into yoga postures, one will develop a deeper opening. Available in store at Yoga Oasis and at www.dharmayogawheel.com
I hope all of these great gift giving ideas helped you bring your yoga practice into your gift giving and have made it effortlessly flow like your favorite vinyasa class. All the best, see you and your friends on the mat. Mary Grace.